Tell Your Friends About Camping in Alaska.
Hope Alaska is just 80 miles south from Anchorage around Turnagain Arm. Plan
on at least a day in the Hope area for exploring the rich history and taking in the scenic beauty
of this unspoiled small Alaskan town. Follow the Hope Highway located about 70 south of Anchorage
off of the Seward Highway to the town of Hope, AK. The town is found 17 miles down the road
near Turnagain Arm, Sixmile and Resurrection Creek.
Alaska's Original Gold Rush Town
Hope has been voted as "Alaska's Most Friendly Town" and once you visit we think that you
too will agree.
- Many historic building remain from the late 1880's gold rush era. A walking tour of Hope
is available for free.
- Resurrection Creek; very popular for its recreational gold panning area. Gold pans and manual
feed sluice boxes are allowed in the Resurrection Creek recreational gold panning area.
- Porcupine Campground; has been updated with both access road and camp site improvements.
Additionally, new restrooms have been installed in 2011 and the first half of 2012.
- Seaview RV Park and Campground located in downtown Hope by where Resurrection Creek enters
Things to do in Hope Alaska
- Nova River Runners offers Class V whitewater rafting trips down the Sixmile River.
- Alaska Gold Prospecting Tours are available from venders on the web.
- Gold Panning in the Resurrection Creek recreational gold panning area.
Visit Alaska's Historic Past
Henry's One Stop in Hope Alaska located at Mile 15.8 on the Hope Highway, Henry's One Stop
offers a motel and RV hookups, groceries, local information and fishing licenses too. Henry's
is open all year long.